Wednesday 19 March 2014

Henshaw's Horticultural Blog: The Major Oak ...

Good Afternoon / Good Evening fellows,

Back to life, and back with the beauty of this world, for some inexplicable reason or another I entered my two pennies in the ring over on facebook last, and today for another inexplicable reason I ave driven around some lovely parts of Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire, and I thought I'd share my little friend in my garden ...



... Ladies & Gentlemen, the new Major Oak !

Don't worry Forestry Commission, or get your proverbial knickers in a twist, I didn't pinch this little fella from the roadside. He sprouted from a pot alongside my whiteberry bush, so I rescue him, separated him, nursed him to health and now I'm happy to say he's sprouted some lovely green oak leaves !

Here's my ode to Nottingham - 'Play The Game' - available now on my EP ...



Yesterday, I did a bit of Dr Botany work, rescuing some of Mia and the Moon's Laura Ann Ratcliffe's daffodils ... have a read of my recommendation of their beautiful music ... FYI daffodil pictured was saved from the roadside, Laura's daffodil were bigger, deader, and more of a collective in a tiny little pot with some moss, hence the big washing up bowl ... not pictured, Laura and her soup ladle that we used to go and pinch some soil from Bede Park ...



Peace, Love & Tea, MHx