Tuesday 11 February 2014

Matt Henshaw Recommends ... Rosa-Leigh

Afternoon gang, sorry it's been a while since I made a recommendation, I've been a busy boy and I hope you won't begrudge me getting things done and spreading the Love with an expediency I've never managed before. I've very good feelings about 2014, sorry to labour the point if you've heard me say or read me banging on about that before but we're in for a good one !

So, Rosa-Leigh. This girl is excellent, beautiful inside and out. I had the pleasure of following her onstage at my first hometown show of the year at The Musician in Leicester, and it was the first time I'd experience all the positive energy that she bestows. The first time sure, but I'll never forget it, and I'm looking forward to catching her live again as soon as possible.

When a girl looks like a supermodel it's not often that they've got the vocals and/or the songsmithery to back it up but Ellie certainly has. Dashings of Alison Mosshart and Debbie Harry with the tenderness of Joni Mitchell or Eva Cassidy, the girls from Haim couldn't hold a flame to this girl.

There's a real ethereal quality going on here, Rosa Leigh is, quite frankly, an angel, singing about what we can feel, emotions and the immaterial. Definitely One To Watch and, if she wants it, she'll be going into the stratosphere.

Peace, Love & Tea,
Matt Henshaw x