Thursday 9 January 2014

Matt Henshaw Recommends ... East Midlands Girls

Well, here we are in a new year and I'm going to continue my recommendations, we had a bluesy Christmas with The Bobcats and Savanna Bones, but I'm going to go back to my first two Recommendations and feature some more Est Midlands ladies.



I have had the pleasure of playing with some great artists throughout the East Midlands, amassing a series of shows and plenty more to come, and I have found that playing with the girls is the most enjoyable. I don't know if it's a lack of a testosterone clash or no battle to be conceived as the alpha male in the room but there's a sweetness, a modesty and a genuine love for music, writing and singing in some of the female artist that I've come across.

So far I have showered Charlotte Carpenter and Leah Sinead in glory, and they're two of the nicest girls I've payed with, hung out with and listened to. I suggest you do the same and keep your eyes and ears peeled as through the next few weeks I bring you the best of the best of those with the double X chromosome in Nottingham, Derby, Leicester and Northampton.

Peace, Love & Tea,
Matt Henshaw x