Wednesday 16 October 2013

My Life - Matt Henshaw

Alright there?!

October 2013, where does the time go?

Now seems like an appropriate time to look back on a highly creative year, let you know what I'm up to now and hopefully where I'm going next.  I've released an album, started a whole new band and finally bitten the bullet and gone out as a proper solo artist, no-one to blame but myself from this point onwards, eh?

First off, Matt Henshaw and the Rhythm'n'Gospel Cavalcade is coming together nicely, I've written hundreds of songs and carving out a nice little setlist or two to play here, there and wherever you want me.  Get in touch, sort me out with some food, drink and petrol money and I'm yours.  My initial releases have been warmly received, a few thousands views on YouTube with no real promotion is nothing to be sniffed at I don't think ...
It Ain't Easy / My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATS_6IuN2A&list=PL7UCvjRIeiY9bHc8S5B10vDleLSXwSIdf&index=1

There's an ever growing number of you on the mailing list, so for that I am thankful, and numbers on facebook, twitter and, now, instagram keep going up so I must be doing something right, right?  I'm also blogging fairly frequently and I might start adding to my YouTube channel a little more often, just little treats, we'll see.

Currently in the midst of doing a bunch of radio sessions interviews and podcasts in the East Midlands, some nice shows in my adopted hometown of Leicester, it seems they've taken to me and adopted me, just lovely.  In all honesty, I don't really know what I'm doing, I've never been a solo artist before, and contemplating my next move without any kind of collaborator is  little daunting, I'm sure i'll figure it out and I hope you'll stick with me.  I guess the message is, stay tuned and see where we go from here, it's going to be exciting !

Matt Henshaw Singer-Songwriter

B-Boy Soul
The second episode from myself and ReggiiMental came earlier this year.  Coming Around is availablefor download from all your favourite outlets, physical copies are long gone.  Jimmy B-Boy is now concentrating on working with the youths of Derbyshire for his MPR Derby project and it may be some time before the next slice of B-Boy Soul comes your way, hopefully not another 3 years, and hopefully the time in between is fruitful and creative !
http://www.facebook.com/ReggiiMental

Satsuma Elephants
Started out as just me and my best mate jamming in his garage and we've done festivals, been on the radio and packed rooms out, demand for the Elephants; or the Satsumas, however has far exceeded the supply.  I wish I could be a Satsuma Elephants; or my personal preferences, a Suma, everyday but right now we're on holiday, looking to hit the studio sometime soon to mix and master the batch of songs we have, and hopefully we'll be with you to provide your much needed dose of Vitamin C sometime soon.

So, in summary ...
Who knows where?  Who knows when??  But, someday soon we'll meet again.

For sure, we'll meet again,
Spread The Love !
Matt Henshaw
http://www.matthenshaw.com

PS.  be sure you've 'Liked' me on facebook, 'follow' me on twitter and instagram, subscribe to the blog and the YouTube channel and you can't go wrong.  Updates as they happen, and you'll make me happy, that's all I really want to be.