Monday 3 October 2011

Happy Birthday Brother ... I can (legally) drive !

Psychedelic Salutations to you all,

October is well under way now ... usually the sun cream is tucked away in the cupboard now with a blanket and it's feet in some hot water, but not in 2011, oh no! I have sweat today more than I did throughout the entirety of July and August ... thanks for asking ... anyway, it's my brother's birthday !

He's in Thailand ... I am not ... but I am celebrating in my own way. It is three years since I had a drink (of alcohol, of course, not juice ... and I only mention it so it would be something to clap and cheer me for, even if you don't like me or my music, it's good for my self-esteem, although I don't know why people do that ... I knew a kid at school who ate crayons and sucked the ink out of ball point pens, I'll be he hasn't done that for twenty years but I wonder if he gets a pat on the back?) ... and, also, anyway, the point is, I passed my practical driving test today ... with flying colours ... again, thanks for asking ...


Matt Henshaw - 1
Noel Gallagher - 0

... and special mention and apologies to my best bud, former Censored drummer Chris Goring, for all those years he spent on the road a the designated driver with me in the passenger or in the back, usually ginned off my face being a general nuisance. I love you pal, and good to finally join you in the first time passers club ...

(on the previous blog's previously incurred parking fine, Leicester Council got in touch today and told me that the charge has been frozen ... I will be notified of any further developments ... which I will pass on to you of course as my loyal adoring(?) cyber world wide web fans ... I love you all too, and hope you appreciate me taking time out from my busy(?!) schedule to inform of my daily life ... (music to come ... I am aware that I have gone quiet on that front in the blog-o-sphere ... it's because I want to get everything right before I unleash anything on the unsuspecting world, and, of course I have minor inconveniences on the agenda such as parking penalty charge notices, driving tests and wishing siblings on the other side of the world a "happy birthday" ... bear with me) ...

Bit of a rant this one isn't it ... "nice blogging!" I hear you cry ... if you like your Matt Henshaw rants to be contained to 140 characters or less then follow me on Twitter ... but beware of much football related ranting ... "and it's oh Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wendesday FC, are by far the greatest team the world have ever seen" ...