Friday 6 August 2010

Lovebox Diary #2 (The Full Story) ...

Hello there, Hola and bon tutti, I never really fully informed you about all that happened, went off and went down in Victoria Park, Hackney, East London a couple of weeks ago did I? I've been pretty busy since then I hope you'll appreciate and I'm sure you've been keeping up with all i've been doing online and all that niceness ... I've been Tweeting now and then as well !!! So, you'll be pleased to know it all went well ... here's me with Will Young partying at a Jocelyn Brown and the all-stars secret show in the VIP area waiting for Grace Jones to grace the main stage on the Sunday ...



... we were having a stickyoutearsandbigfacialfeatures competition ... I'll let you decide who won !!! And yes, I opened the main stage on the Friday ... but it wasn't just me ... as I'm sure you saw from my last update and video from Rukus that "me had many man dem dere" ... here goes a long list ... ReggiiMental, Emma Louise, BiggaMan, Joey G-Zus, 2nd Suzpect Joe Rizzle, Flava Dan, Byrnez, Chris Goring, Lloyd, Devas, D-BO and many more unseen but known and loved ... and of course Rukus, look out for him on TV over these coming months ... I was down for the whole festival getting the VIP treatment, I'm sure you've read in the NME about Dizzee Rascal and me and the Bombay Bicycle Club, very kind, even if through fear of a mad set of hip-hop bad men !!!

Who impressed over the weekend? Ellie Goulding was lovely, even if her manager wouldn't let her do a piece to camera for us, can't win 'em all !!! Mark Ronson did some lovely things with Spank Rock and the geezer from Phantom Planet, still rocking those Versions ... Radiohead's Just sounded mega! Big on the decks, Grandmaster Flash, obviously, and I caught a bit of Derrick Carter. Now playing - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message Now drinking - cup of Yorkshire Tea Now eating - a Picnic bar Out this week on Rusty Jukebox Records ... Joey G-Zus - Cartoon Hip-Hop volume. 3 http://www.joeygzus.bandcamp.com/ - FREE !!! Check the advert with soundcheck footage from the Lovebox main stage ...



And check this mad video preview for the track Slippin' Away ... http://vimeo.com/12851905


Next update featuring Roots Manuva, Skinnyman, Dean Frazer, Taurus Riley and Bunny Wailer ...